This picture of Bubba is from his first birthday, at my mom's house. He had just learn to walk the day before.
Sometimes when a new adventure begins, it is like taking your first steps.
Teaching a younger grade level is definitely taking some baby steps for me.
There are similarities, familiar boundaries and managements techniques, but this year it is all new.
Everyone who teaches should teach 1st grade. It will open your eyes.
Don't get me wrong- I LOVE MY JOB, My class, and even my school.
It is just like playing professional baseball for 5 years, then switching to Water Polo. They are both sports, just different!
I know I have blogged about this subject before, but everyday I notice the age difference. Everyday I think... "Seriously... could you please stop running in the halls, wrestling your neighbor, and tattling on your friends."
"Could you please learn how to tie your shoes?"
"Could you please... JUST BE A LITTLE OLDER?"
And then I take a breath and realize, everyone has to learn how to be in a class.
Everyone has to learn how to grow up, and it is a slow process.
No comments:
Post a Comment