Because it was Friday I decided to get a little something to eat before I went to school. I was given an incredible pastry on my first day of school by a nice parent and saved the wrapper it came in. I followed the address on the paper I saved to a local shop near the city library. It was a nice shop with amazing smells wafting from the outside.
I choose the same pastry I was given on my first day of school. It cost $5.95. The cashier must have sensed my, "WHAT? FOR A PASTRY?" look. She then began to explain that these pastries take 9 hours to make, how each layer took special stuff... My mind then drifted to how amazing it would taste and I ordered a fresh lime drink to go with it.
To describe this pastry I will use a line from the movie Julie and Julia.
"There can never be enough butter."
Its flaky, buttery goodness made my day!
No comments:
Post a Comment