The following Sunday, I went to my Dad's for Sunday Dinner. He got a cake and we celebrated with my grandparents & my brother Ben and his family. Dad gave me a box of See's candy for my birthday. I'm not sure he planned on giving me anything, but then when I found the box and was all- who is this for- he gave it to me. I will not feel guilty for tricking my dad into giving me chocolate!
On the actual day of my birthday, I went to work. I took a picture of the school's new sign made in ceramics. I put my feet up at lunch, and I brought a Costco cake for my students. Then, I headed for my ESL (english as a second language) class that I have to take to keep my job. I took a picture of the board at class. Most of what was due, I had not done. It was my birthday- when was there time for homework???
The next day, Two of my teacher friends gave me some sweet and thoughtful gifts with some chocolate goodies from a french bakery. Then the room mother per say of my class brought me a giftcard for cash that was from the parents. $80. WOW!
Sunday, today, ended the celebration. Kenny made me my birthday pies (he made two because he had extra pie crust. And I lit off fireworks in the backyard! GO 31!!!
1 comment:
31 looks good on you, Lena!
Post a Comment