Friday, December 30, 2011

Things I will never...???

At a recent event with a number of friends from college, I had a friend say, " I will never wear mom pants and I will never drive a mini-van."
This got me thinking...
What are mom pants and what things have I said NEVER to that I have ended up doing?

1. Getting married to someone with kids. I believe I said I would never do this in my wistful and naive youth. Now, I can't imagine my life without my rick and J-man.

2. Tell my kids things like "when I was your age..." and "If you wait till the last minute one more time, I just don't know what I'm going to do with you..."

3. Saying I would not yell or swear anymore... That is a continual work in progress.

Overall, I may drive a mini-van one day ( they get better gas mileage and I commute) and I may end up having already purchased my first pair of mom pants. I am sure that I will eat my words again and again.

But, I try never to say never because I am learning and know better

No comments: