The wind knocked down half a large tree in our backyard, and Kenny, new chainsaw in hand, decided that the top would be out tree (since we were planning on a real one this year).
It was small, awkward, but it will do. I let the kids decorate it this year.
A tradition that I am passing on to my kids is that every year they get a new ornament. Then when they have their own tree, they get to take those ornaments! My grandma Ess started that tradition with me! This year, Jonny got a new nickname of "THE SPICY PICKLE!" So, when I found a pickle ornament with a Santa hat, it had to be his! I bought myself some owls, because they remind me of my mom. Rick got one with will house a picture of Rex. We also have a spring, a trampoline spring, that one of the neighbors found. We will forever remember the windstorm that took our trampoline, and gave us our Christmas tree!
No comments:
Post a Comment