Saturday, March 10, 2012

Taming the Dragon


A new theme is emerging in my conscience. How to get better control over my emotional self. Husband refers to my control issues of self as "taming the dragon."

This resonates.

I need to achieve control of self so that I can be more of who I want to be.

In school we are about to tackle a fairy-tale writing unit- and do fun things surrounding these stories. Bubba loves these stories, as all children do. And no one much likes the dragons.

Dragons inside me yell, swear, and put down. This dragon must be slayed if I am going to have any long term relationship with my household family.

Once upon a time there was a dragon who lived inside a mom. That dragon was mean and made the mom feel awful. One day, the mom decided to get rid of the dragon...

No comments: