So, Today after getting a haircut (which was awesome) I went to see mom. She has no headstone, but I put a flower there, and we talked. I stroked the grass and sat on the ground as the wind blew and tears flowed. I had not been there since her birthday in November.
She needs a gravestone, and I have decided that that is what I want for mothers day- to get my mom a gravestone. Although my dad has promised to get one- it has yet to happen.
And tomorrow he is getting married...
Perhaps it would read simply beloved mother Electra Dell Halsell Ess.
Thanks for the talk today mom, I love you!
1 comment:
Lena, here in Bend we are definitely thinking of you often. A headstone is a bare minimum of a memorial for all those years together as a family, and a necessity for your peace of mind. I totally understand your perspective. . .
On the bright side, it's almost summer!! Miss you guys.
Post a Comment