Saturday, May 16, 2009

Traditions from my 20's

While looking for something completely other than pictures, I found some early 20's photos on CD. They were not with my other stash, so I investigated.
These photos are from happy traditional times in my life. The first one is from Christmastime on my mission. My companions mom sent us pen lights. Then my companion shared something very special to her family (AND I CAN'T BELIEVE THAT I HAVE FORGOTTEN THIS ONE!) We stuck the pen lights up our noses, turned out the lights and sung Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer! Ah the simple things when you are on a mission!!!

The next picture is a tradition that I have kept for many years while single, but began to worry about the legality when I got kids. I LIGHT OFF FIREWORKS ON MY BIRTHDAY! Now, my birthday is in January, and one year when I had just moved into a new apartment complex I decided that FIREWORKS would be the best way to celebrate the turning of another year. I now have a son, Bubba, who being born on the 7th of July, will be able to light off fireworks LEGALLY on his birthday every year!
The last picture I hope offends no one. Kim and I called it Jesus on a Stick. This crazy lady in Orem used to put it in her yard every holiday season. Kim and I would make the journey to go see it for several years. To my sadness, I can't find it anymore.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You companion looks like me. SF