Monday, March 30, 2009

Pink Slips

So, my 55 year old dad was let go today from his job. He was called in and downsized. I remember when I was little, he also got let go from a computer company called Wang. I remember worrying a lot, but that my mom said we would be okay.

When Kenny was fired from his helicopter job last year at this time, I was not sure what to do. I was 7 months pregnant and about to sign a part-time contract. Should I stay full time because he got fired? I thought about it and took a leap of faith. I would work part time still and we would work it out. Thank goodness for Express Shuttle and our on again off again employment relationship. We made it for a few months while Kenny worked for them driving a shuttle. Then, as I was literally giving birth, Top Ten Reviews (the company Kenny now works for) called and offered Kenny a job.

This job with the website Top Ten Review has not been the answer to everything. Kenny does't like the job, but has learned many skills. He has even begun to build a website for his helicopter skills and will eventually teach from that website (or at least get some students).

I am so grateful for a steady job with the school district. I am so grateful that when we got into some snafus with money that I was able to go back full time. I am SO GRATEFUL TO HAVE SPENT THE FIRST 6 MONTHS WITH BUBBA part time!

I know that everything works out, and if it has not worked out, it is not the end.
But telling that to someone who lost their job is hard.
I feel older today.
My thoughts and prayers are with my Daddy.

1 comment:

The Bingham's said...

Our prayers are also with them. I am so sorry to hear about that. But, all will be well.