Two weeks ago my class, and all the other 3/4 classes got the opportunity to rally at the state capitol for legislation regarding clean air. Kids made signs and had slogans they liked shouting like"I declare, clean air!" and such. We had a lot of fun being on the news, and I got to rally with my oldest baby-Kendrick. Yes, we do attend a more liberal school. Taking time out for things such as this sometimes can create great learning! And yes, the pictures are blurry because I had a smudge on my camera.
Kids in my class felt really connected to this issue because of all the red air quality days. During these day kids could not go out to recess. One week we could not go out to recess for almost a whole week! Kids went nuts- and frankly-SO DID I!!! (If I were to make a top ten list of things I dislike about teaching, indoor recess would be near the top!)
No comments:
Post a Comment