Monday, February 9, 2009

The days of my life...


Well, Robbie is now officically 7 months old! Jonny is almost 7 years old, and KEndrick just acts like he is 70 sometimes! I finally took a "bathtime" picture of Robbie, and when I asked him to smile- HE DID! He wistles now, which is ever so cute! All he wants to do is walk, but he can't even crawl yet! He makes you hold his hands and walk him around wherever he wants. Maily to shiney objects and the dog! Can you believe these blue eyes??? He eats food twice a day with Grandma Ess when he feels good. His favorites are pears, bananas, applesauce, and sometimes peaches. He turns his nose up at veggies right now... He used to like squash. During the school day he spends his time making Grandma Ess walk him around, he plays with toys and loves to spread legos around. Grandpa Ess picks him up at 8:00 AM at school so that we don't have to travel in so early! He loves his ride with Grandpa in the front seat!
Bubba is wearing big clothes too. He is now 22 pounds, in a size 4 diaper, adn is most comfortable in 12-18-24 month clothes depending on the brand. He is in the 90% for height, weight, and head size!

I recently purchased a book called Little Boy by Alison McGhee and Peter H. Reynolds. This is a must for anyone with a little boy!


Jonny is getting so BIG! He is turning 7 at the end of the month and is going to have his first friend party. He really wants a swimming Spongebob Party.
Jonny is struggling wtih reading and writing, so we are working on that everyday. His math abilitiy however is high (except for focus) and he has LOTS of friends. I swear he knows everyone in the first and second grade.

He loves to wear this headband- and the other night wore it to Sunday dinner at the Foster's. It was apart of his halloween costume. We got it in the summer to help Jonny feel special when the baby was about to be born.

Kenny has been really stepping up lately as a dad, as seen here-he is helping with homework!

Kendrick, my sometimes 70 year old man, is seen here cleaning the bathroom! Yes, being in 4th grade does come with a few perks, and a few chores! He now can do his own laundry (sorta) and helps out with one chore a day!!! What a great helper!

Kendrick understands math, wrting, social studies, etc. It is simply focus and emotinal immaturity that keeps him from making close friends and getting his work done one time. I think we are headed back to the doctor to see what we can do to help him.

Kendrick is so good with Robbie! He is my right hand man when it comes to caring for the critter in the back seat during our commutes!

WE will be starting swimming lessons soon, and then t-ball for Jonny and track and field for Kendrick. Bubba will stick to the basics of crawling for now.

Commuting back and forth with the boys gives me some great time to help them unwind
from their day, be together without fighting (cause Robbie separates them!) and to have them do a lot of talking. They miss their Beki mom (who has not made contact since Thanksgiving) and have a lot of feelings. Sometimes they let me in to this workd of pain they feel and we talk about it. One day I asked them what was missing for them- and they said, well- singing in the morning. So now, even when I don't feel like it, I sing to them to get up!

Robbie is seen here driving the car/videogame. Did I mention he loves controlers, computers, and anything with buttons!!!

There are only 77 more days of school. With another guy getting fired in Kenny's office I am not sure that I will be able to go part time next year. I hope to, but for now- I love my mornings, nights, weekends, and holidays with my BOUNCING BABY BOY!
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Gerb said...

Lena, I love you. Can I be you when I grow up?

Becky said...

Lena, you are such a good mom to your boys. I can't believe how big Robbie getting, so cute. My kids miss playing the your two boy so hopefully as we get better weather and you come visit the Fosters they can get together.