Now before you get too jealous about my getting paid to take my class snowshoeing at Swaner Nature Preserve in Park City (for free!), let me tell you what happened.
Now overall- look at me- I am snowshoeing! Cool huh? I had a student take this picture of me. It was beautiful! It had just snowed and we spent 90 minutes outside in fresh power learning how animals adapt to their environment when it gets cold! (All the kids loved learning that some animals eat their own poop sometimes to survive)
When we arrived we were told to eat our sack lunches in the center before we went out. SOme of my kids had to get sack lunches from the cafeteria-they prepaid their lunch at the beginning of the year, or have free and reduced lunch. Well, leave it to our crazy lunch lady to not pack enough! She did not even pack a sandwich for the kids! She packed, pretzles, carrots, raisens, a juice box, and a cookie. WHAT THE HECK....!!!!!
So, Being that I had spotted a new Cafe Rio two doors down, I went and purchased a few kids queodillias.
After kids were fed, we went to embark on the actual snowshoeing. We would have been just dandy, but one kids got REALLY sick REALLY Fast! So, for about an hour I sat in the center while we waited for a mom to come pick up her kid, who got so sick she had an accident in her pants! Bright side- I did not have to change this kid, or mop up vomit!
Ahh, fieldtrips!
1 comment:
Lucky duck! I can't believe there's still that much snow...we had our air conditioner on just a couple days ago!
Post a Comment