Monday, August 23, 2010

Salvation in a Bean Bag Toss





Earlier this month I had an adventure with my newly moved to Provo brother and his family. We went to a restaurant and ate Dim Sum (spelling?. This is Chinese food appetizers. This was no wanton experience. It was served in special round dishes and we ate with chopsticks. I tried some stuff, but most of it was above my taste!
After we ate this meal, we went to a church museum with a kids area. In this "kid's area" there were many activities. Dress up like Mary and Joseph in the manger scene, reenact Lehi's dream, and one I have decided to feature here. The kingdom of heaven bean-bag toss. This really freaked me out for some reason. Husband was able to make 2 shots into the smallest hole, the Celestial Kingdom, and told me that we would then make it into this kingdom of heaven.
Now, when J-man stuck his head through the toss game, and then all the little kids tried to hit his head, I felt a little better about the game.
I am not sure that I could really ever play the game myself... It just seems wrong! Not in a "Oh no you are using sacred words" way, but in a "for heaven's sake (no pun intended) let's just have a regular game of bean bag toss" way.

1 comment:

Gerb said...

That game does sort of make you go...'whaaaaaat??' You were completely justified in your feelings.