Dear Boys,
You are (knock on wood) going to be with me again tomorrow. I can't wait! It has been 4 weeks since you have been home, the longest stretch away!
As long as your mom is in the country, you will probably always have summer visits that are long stretches. Next year, you will not be away on Bubba's birthday. Without you there to celebrate, it was not the happiest birthday.
Every night I pray that you will get good sleep and get good food. I worry about things I can't control...
We have so much to do this summer! There are books to be read, parks to play in, swimming to do, trips to take, memories to cherish, family to see and reunite with. And yes, Rick, you can still have some video game time here and there.
I worry that life will not be as exciting with "Lena Mom." We don't go to Lagoon much, or to lots of movies, and I can't always drop hundreds on books for you.
I do, Rick and J-man have 3 things with me you love. Your brother, your dad, and the dog. These anxious waiters are looking forward to life back to normal with your return. Yes, you will still have responsibilities at home, and as time goes on, they will change. There is always work and always play at home.
I will always love you. As Grandma Ess once said "Everyday that the sun rises is one more promise that I will be there for you both forever."
A Poem for for my Boys
Sometimes I have to share you,
Its really not all that fun.
Others love you too, dear children,
But I have claimed you both as my sons.
I find messes and crumbs left behind
Vacuum places you yourself couldn't find.
Write in your journal, play with your brother,
I try to make the best of my time.
So I let you come and go,
Abiding tears and cranky days.
When you both return
I know you'll have learned
Family bonds are earned, not made.
No comments:
Post a Comment