Sunday, March 28, 2010

Jonny's baptism


Jonny Man was baptized March 6th. It was a blast! Today in church I bribed Jonny to bare his testimony with 2 Cadbury eggs. He got up there and blanked. I felt like a bad mom. The bishop tried to help him and we all heard him say "I forgot what I was going to say." Kendrick went up and just rolled his eyes and didn't help Jonny. I kept signaling him to come down. Even Robbie was signaling him. He finally came down baring a silent testimony. The bishop got up and said he had heard Jonny's testimony and that he knows it is strong! When Jonny came down I told him that he still got the candy and that I would not ask him to bare his testimony again until his mission.

3 comments:

Emily said...

I can't believe Jonny's 8 already! You let him know I blank all the time when I get up to the podium too. It's scary up there!

Gerb said...

Lena, I love that you bribed him with 2 cadbury eggs. I will never forget how much you love those things. That just tells me that you love your boy, too. Congrats on the baptism! Eight is great.

Becky said...

Sweet Johnny. It is scary at the podium and kudos to Johnny for bearing a silent testimony.