Monday, December 28, 2009

If I were to write a holiday letter



Dear Everyone-
Often in Christmas Cards people write wonderful, creative, rhyming, picture filled letters that tell about what they have accomplished during the previous year. I love to read them! I really do!
When I was in high school, I actually compressed my year and made a summary to add to my scrapbooks. I have always wanted to do a family Christmas letter, but I am afraid it might look like one of the following non-examples:

1. Hey all- so if you really wanted to know about my family, you would call!
(Obviously this would seem mean and not work with the relatives)

2. Hey everyone! So, if you were on Facebook, you would know all this stuff already!
(Obviously this would also seem mean and my grandparents would then wonder what facebook is, try and get on facebook, then find all the stuff I never wanted them to see...)

3. Dear In Laws,
(Note- this would only be to in-laws)
Our family is so much better then all your kids' families! Just Kidding!

5. THE REAL LETTER---

Dear Friends,
Your support this year of my family has been amazing. As Robbie turned 6 months, I headed back to work full time. I am still full time, but am looking for other teaching options next year.
Kenny continues to work for a website I cannot mention on my blog. I once mentioned said website, and said website called him into his office. SCARY! But he loves his job and the people he works with. He is continuing school online through Utah Valley University, and should be graduating soon with an associates. He also is programing for a helicopter school and hoping to break back into the flight field soon!
Kendrick, or "Rick" as he prefers this year, is in 5th grade and is learning about computers from Kenny. He will be in the schools Shakespeare play come February. He loves science, math, his own locker, and elective classes.
Jonny is in 2nd grade with a great teacher. He loves the important things in life like recess, lunch, and snack. Friends are very important to Jonny. He loves to play and plays hard every moment of the day! This coming year he will be 8 and get to be in scouts and get baptized!
Robbie, or Bubba, loves to be alive! He loves cars, trucks, and anything else that goes broom- broom! He loves bubbles, Elmo, and computers. He knows what he wants, now its just getting you to give it to him! He spends his time now with Aunt Trina, Kelly and Alex his cousins and buddies!
Thanks for letting me brag and flaunt my family! I love to read all about yours!
Love,
Lena

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I work for one of those name can not be mentioned jobs too! Ha ha, it's it great (rolling eyes).

Natalie and Quin said...

I like your REAL letter, but I would LOVE getting one of your other letters!

Gerb said...

Here's what I wanted to write for mine: If you'd read my blog, you'd KNOW what was going on with our family! (add link to blog here) But Allen wouldn't go for it so I wrote that silly poem instead.