Soon after my mom died, I saw a video of kids performing "Landslide" on the internet. This inspired me to start a school choir club (but it is not technically a club since we can't have clubs int he school district until 9th grade). We call it the Glee Experience. Our first concert is Friday- I am SO EXCITED! This is a picture of me in the background with the other teacher who helps me- O'Lynn. Although this is not such a flattering picture, I love my club! There are like 30 kids who faithfully come 30 minutes before school starts to sing once a week! This club has helped me focus on making the world a better place, and not what this place the world is without my mom.
Monday, December 14, 2009
My Glee Choir
Soon after my mom died, I saw a video of kids performing "Landslide" on the internet. This inspired me to start a school choir club (but it is not technically a club since we can't have clubs int he school district until 9th grade). We call it the Glee Experience. Our first concert is Friday- I am SO EXCITED! This is a picture of me in the background with the other teacher who helps me- O'Lynn. Although this is not such a flattering picture, I love my club! There are like 30 kids who faithfully come 30 minutes before school starts to sing once a week! This club has helped me focus on making the world a better place, and not what this place the world is without my mom.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Lena, you are such a great teacher. Your love for your students shows in so much of what you do.
So fun! You'll have to try to post a video of them!
You should totally tape the next performance you do and post it. I bet they were great! By the way, Madison loves her Dora blanket and is never far from it. One of these days, I'll have to convince her somehow to give it up so I can wash it. :-)
Post a Comment