Friday, November 6, 2009

Think of it like a kids book... with no ending yet

When Lena was at the funeral, she didn’t cry much. She had cried a lot before her mom died.
After the funeral, many people brought meals, flowers, and sent cards saying how much they loved Lena’s mom and Lena.
Lena felt ok. Lena felt taken care of. Lena knew that her mom dying would be hard, but she could make it.
Sometimes, Lena would cry for no “apparent” reason. Her husband would say, “Why are you crying?”
Lena replied, “Because my mom died.”
“You still feel sad?” said her husband. “It has been awhile since your mom died. How long will you be sad?” Lena didn’t know.
Friday Lena sat down for five minutes to think about herself. Lena’s mom died October 3rd. Today was November 6th. Lena has forgotten to mark the one month date of her mom’s death. I guess it doesn’t matter Lena thought. I guess I am just supposed to get over it.
Lena started crying again. Lena’s husband walked in again.
“What’s the matter now?”
“My mom died OKAY! I don’t know what I am supposed to do now. I still feel sad, and I may cry again, so…”
Lena just sat and cried as her husband gave her a big hug.

1 comment:

The Bingham's said...

You cry all you want!! Tell that brother of mine to let you!! Of course you are still sad. I think you will miss her until you see her again. It's normal. Cry cry cry!!