Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Thanksgiving is for..

OBAMA

This picture of the little Obama girl makes me thing of all the fun Thanksgiving times! This poor little girl is probably thinking- "Yeah, so we pardon you, but what does that mean for the one we eat tomorrow?"

We used to spend every Thanksgiving at my Grandma Halsell's home (my mom's mom). That grandma used to live in Las Vegas! One year we ate at the Show Boat Casino Buffet! So cool! I remember before the meal someone actually prayed!

Other years my Grandma would make like 20 pies! She used to work in a restaurant that my Grandparents owned in St. George called the Wishbone Cafe- and she got used to making lots of pies at once! My grandpa was always working on a bomb shelter in the backyard of their Vegas house...

When my Grandparents lived with us, that was a nice Thanksgiving.

One year, Thanksgiving was on my mom's birthday. I went to get the cake out of the fridge and PLOP! It went right onto the floor! My dad was SO MAD!!

My mom used the biggest bowl to create the best dressing! This year I used the same bowl to create that dish for the family tomorrow! She used to dry bread for weeks for this dish!

At Thanksgiving, my dad always buys a case of Sparkling Cider!

This year my youngest brother mother in law will be cooking for my dad. I am still assigned the dressing.

1 comment:

Emily said...

Thanksgiving is definitely for good memories!