I took this picture on a field trip with my students to the pumpkin patch. For me today, I use it to illustrate a thought. And, if you are wondering, yes, it is PB& J.
What is really important in life?
What makes this crazy world spin?
For me, it is 3 sets of blue eyes. I want to do what is best for all 3, but I am conflicted in finding that answer. I am being forced to grow up and focus on these eyes more and more everyday. I want what is best for them. But what is that exactly now? Where do I need to be? Why can't someone just tell me what the answer now that it is hard?
That last sentence makes me think that I sound like the 4th graders I teach. They ant help when the going gets tough.
So I ask you PB & J- what should I do? Do I stay home and work nights? Do I keep working days and hate myself for leaving my youngest? Does working closer to home lead to answers? What is best for all three sets of eyes??
2 comments:
Dear P B & J,
please tell Lena, what is best for her will always what is best for the boys. Your happiness is felt by those boys, and it will trickle down.
Thanks PB & J!
I am not PB&J... so take this for whatever it's worth. This is something I had to struggle with for SO long! Unfortunately, I can not tell you what the right answer is because it is different for everyone. I LOVED interpreting. Still do. I could not quit working for so many reasons - I knew there was a shortage of interpreters, I liked making money, it made me feel important. But finally one day I had this thought: what am I doing? I need to be at home, with my kids. I had just had my 7th so it obviously took me a long time to come to this conclusion. HOWEVER, I do not regret working while I did. I think it was what was right for me at the time.
So, that was all a very long way to say that only YOU know what is right for you. And because of that, I know you'll make the right decision.
That, and you're awesome. (The end.)
Post a Comment