I had husband take this picture of me a week before I delivered so that I would remember how uncomfortable and such I was. Many women take cute pictures of themselves being with child, but this picture is not one of the cute ones! It was to remind me of the hardships of my pregnancy and how I NEVER wanted to get pregers again!
This summer Bubba turns 3. Three years later I have some perspective and wisdom for first time mothers. Pregnancy is the easy part! It is all the rest of their lives that is the hard part! It's talking with the 6th grade teacher when your kid has been questionable at school. It's helping that same 6th grader write a book report, finish his math homework, and remember to pay the lunch lady 10 flipping cents so that I quit getting emails about a negative lunch account balance.
It's dealing with a 3rd grader who is hungry, but doesn't want to eat a fruit or vegetable for a snack. Then whines. It's dealing with a 2year old who doesn't wnat to share and wants things and YOU now!
It's also a lot of good stuff too! I would never want to miss all those hugs and kisses, sweet words of love, and all the stuff they draw!
Anywho- just reflecting...
1 comment:
Had to stop a minute when I saw the pic on this one. I was like whoa, did I miss something. Then I read the post.
Post a Comment