Today a good friend of mine commented that she know I use facebook, but that she thinks it is a waste of time. She also pointed out that the point of facebook is to have "friends" who are really not your friends.
This got me thinking...
Who are the people I have on facebook, are they really "friends" with me or just another status update. Why do I use facebook? What am I trying to accomplish on the site?
I have some sisters-in-law, cousins, and an aunt. I have my friends from college and my mission. I love these people and we talk in person or at least send Christmas Cards. But who are the other people? Are they really my friends?
Husband, after sharing my post so far comments, "Facebook is the -look at me show- and has also said in the past he hates looking at it because it's just people talking about themselves. Blah.
So, I think with all this, I am at least going to take a break for awhile. If people want to know about me, they will in person, text, call, or for goodness sakes mail me something.
I may change my mind tomorrow, but for tonight, I am not checking the fb.
No comments:
Post a Comment