Wednesday, May 26, 2010

LOST




There are many things I have enjoyed about the t.v. show LOST. I love the exceptionally cute actors, the setting in Hawaii, the character development, the one liners, and did I say character development? When I watched lost, it was like reading a good book with characters I was getting to know each episode more and more!
Then ending was spiritual for me, and helped me to let go more from my mom's death. (I know this seems weird...)
In the end, we see a church where Jack finds his dead father. When he meets his father he cries and says he did not want to die. The father explains that everyone has to die sometime. (When this occurred I could only reflect on my Grandma Halsell((mom's mom) and my mom reunion up in heaven and embracing and saying the same things to each other. I knew that my mom would have lived a thousand years if she could have.)
Jack then asks his dad- why are we here? (Again the heaven like church place).
The dad says, You met many important people on the island, and the island was an important part of your life. You needed a place to find each other so that you could REMEMBER AND LET GO.
They then enter a room with all the people they loved on the island. Many embrace. It is warm and a light shines through the back of the church.

Often my mom talked of a vivid dream where she, her mom, and I were sitting on a bench in heaven. We were talking about what we would make sure and do while on earth. We decided that we would help each other REMEMBER. Ever since I was a little girl I played remembering games with my mom. When Jack's father said a place to remember and let go, I felt as though that was something I could begin personally.

"REMEMBER, and LET GO."

There are many quotes I will remember from LOST- like "Live together or die alone." But none shall surpass this last one from Jack's dad.

I will miss LOST. It was the only think keeping me watching t.v. once a week. Now all I have left is So You Think You Can Dance...

1 comment: