
Although my mom is technically alive, she is not conscience most of the day, her urine has blood in it, and I have said my peace when she was briefly conscience after being in ICU for two days stroking and going through V-tek. She became conscience and we had a few good talks. I made some promises that I thought she needed to hear. She told me things she had seen and thought being the matriarch she is. Although she has no passed, I miss my mom. We used to talk everyday while I made the commute home from school. She made things make sense. She loved God and helped me to see God as the gracious, loving, and forgiving parent he is.
My mom always talked with me. My mom was my great friend. My mom and I got to see a Jazz game with Stockton and Malone. My mom helped me take theater. My mom taught me all about baseball. Mom was one to reckoned with if her kids were in danger. Mom was disabled most of my life and so learning life skills (laundry, lunch packing, coming to her when you were hurt) was a way of life. Mom always came to see my plays. Mom was not at my wedding, or sealing, but was there when I was endowed. She always kept a temple recommend, even if she never went. She referred to things as a time and a season.
I love my mom. I don't necessarily want to dwell on her sickness at this time, so I am avoiding it by working hard at home and at school.
2 comments:
Lena, I am so sorry to hear about your mom, but what a beautiful tribute you wrote about her. I loved the few interactions I have had with her over the years as well. I have been through similar sadness when my dad was dying so if you want to talk, I would love to. You can send me a message on FB or email me (gerbdonna at gmail) if you ever want to. Take care!
You have a great mom, that has a great daughter.
Post a Comment